Saturday 10 May 2014

A Drunkard´s Path cushion with pom poms



Drunkard´s Path block have always  been  one  of  the block I wanted to try. I had seen nice quilts and it was one the first I was wishing to use with my Big Shot.
Oh, girl, I´m in love with these two dies. I don´t need to use my scissors or any special ruler and spend time and time cutting the pieces. Just in few minutes you can get a lot of  them .
The two dies match together , so the only thing you have to do is think what fabric you want to try and how you can display them.

My project this week is about this well known block.
I chose some scraps from my stash and  gave them a  new opportunity to be a nice cushion.
As I love pom poms, I added around it. I think the final effect is better than I could wait. I love it !!


My cushion is an square of 15.5" x 15.5"

















Supply List :



657900



657168

New stock code: 659849

657169


New stock code: 659850

Scraps of fabric of six differents prints ( for the Drunkdard´s Path blocks )
Batting
White fabric for the back of the top
Light fabric for the back of the cushion
two buttons
65 "  of pom poms  ribbon






First I cut the Drunkard´s Path Quarter Circle  ( 24 pieces  in different fabrics ) and then I did the same with the other die , the Drunkard´s Path Fan Background  ( 24 pieces in different fabrics ) 
I sew one  light piece  with a dark piece.

You can try different ways  to sew the blocks and will get a new vision of the same block.
When you have decide what is the best for you , then sew  all the blocks , first doing  the circle block .You need four circle blocks that have to be sewn together again.
Here you can see  how I tried different combinations..











After I  did the sewing of the top, I quilted it  layering the top , batting and white fabric , like a sandwich.









For the back of the cushion I sew again two more blocks  and added a rectangular piece in one side. Here is where  I sew two buttons later.
I  had ready the other piece of fabric with the buttonholes.








Before to sew the top and the back of the cushion , I pinned  the pom pom ribbom.
Finally I sew the two vintage buttoms I had bought in an old shop some time ago and I had a new and nice cushion !!!








This can be a nice present too. 
Oh, Happy Mother ´s Day for the american gals who are celebrating this day next Sunday. 

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!
Love
Mercedes



..................................................................************* ..................................................................





Drunkard´s Path ha sido siempre uno de mis bloques favoritos que quería coser alguna vez. Había visto  quilts que me gustaban con él y  fue uno de los primeros que quise probar con mi máquina Big Shot.
Estoy enamorada de estos troqueles. No necesito usar las tijeras ni ninguna regal especial , ni gastar tiempo cortando ambas piezas.
En pocos minutos tienes  un montón cortados.
Los dos troqueles  van perfectamente juntos , asi que solo tienes que pensar qué telas quieres elegir y ponerte con ello.

Mi proyecto para esta semana es sobre este bloque. Elegí algunos trozos de tela que tenía y les dí la oportunidad de convertirse en un bonito cojín.
Como me  encantan los madroños , los añadí. El efecto final es mejor de lo que esperaba y me encanta.

Mi cojín tiene una medida de 40 cm x 40 cm



Materiales:


657900



657168

New stock code: 659849

657169


New stock code: 659850



Trozos de tela de  seis diferentes estampados (  para los bloques )
Tela blanca para la trasera del top
Dos botones
1.65 cm de cinta de madroños
Guata
Tela clara  para la trasera del cojín






Primero corté los  bloques con los dos troqueles , 24 de cada uno en diferentes telas . Cosí una clara con una oscura.
Puedes intentar diferentes combinaciones y obtendrás una vision distinta según coloques las telas. Cuando decidas lo que más te gusta , cose  . Primero formarás el bloque del círculo. Así hasta hacer cuatro que luego coserás entre sí.
En la foto puedes ver  distintas combinaciones que  probe.

Después de coser el top, lo acolché colocando primero el top ,luego la guata y por ultimo la tela blanca, haciendo un sandwich .

Para la parte de atrás del cojín cosí dos bloques más y añadí en un extremo un rectángulo de otra tela, Aquí es donde luego cosí los botones.
La otra pieza de arriba la prepare también haciendo unos ojales.

Antes de coser el top y la trasera del cojín del revés, añadí los madroños sujetos con alfileres.
Finalmente cosí los botones vintage que había comprado en una tienda antigua hacía tiempo y ya tenía un nuevo y bonito  cojín.

Esto también puede ser  un buen regalo . Por cierto , feliz Día de la Madre a las chicas americanas que que lo celebrarán el próximo  domingo.

Que tengas un maravilloso fin de semana
Cariños
Mercedes





3 comments:

  1. Precioso Mercedes! Siempre he admirado todos tus trabajos, pero los cojines,los haces únicos....Bss y felizfinde de Montse de lostrastosdemontse.

    ReplyDelete